Monday, January 16, 2012

Raul Shaw Boutier Moreno, La Paz

Raul Shaw Moreno, Bolivian music's hitman brings tears of love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7YamosE6IE


I haven't had a chance to listen to his music yet, so if one shops around and finds anything particularly nice, let me know so I can post a link here.

I found a parkette on a hilltop in La Paz where Moreno's friends and fans have made a lovely monument to him. I think anyone who inspires that is worth a listen to. I am really taken by the simplest thing: that the wrought iron fence that keeps folks like me from falling off the cliff is designed to look like musical notes. What a neat piece of thoughtfulness.

In all, this shows me that Bolivia and life in general can be grand if only one has a bit of money, a bit of time, and a desire to love living. It doesn't take too much beyond attitude and a few dollars in a clean, well-lighted place.

1 comment:

CGW said...

Here you go:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/artist/RAUL+SHAW+MORENO/1581984