Thursday, November 08, 2012

Sewers and toilets in Iquitos, Peru. (Part 2)


"I think I've got a lead on a story. A really good story. About toilets. I want to check out a few things, but if this pans out we'll have a fantastic article for the June issue."

"Toilets," Nilsson muttered.1
As a traveler I encounter many strange alternatives to my assumptions about good and bad, right and wrong, the way it should be and the way others do things. I'm not at all "non-judgmental" over things I see. I hate with some deep passion so-called cultural relativism, a girls' view of post-war Europe and a cheap M.A. thesis in one. There is right and good, wrong and bad. Bad water is bad, and it comes often from lack of proper sewerage.


To read the rest of this story, please turn to the following link;
http://www.amazon.com/Iquitos-Peru-D-W-Walker/dp/098776151X


A gentle reminder that my book, An Occasional Walker, is available at the link here:

No comments: