Saturday, October 27, 2012

U.S. Election, 2012. Men Who Would Shoot Liberty Valance

In my life as a traveler I have over many decades on the road encountered any number and many kinds of cheap hustlers who prey on those people who are lost and confused in unfamiliar surroundings, i.e. travelers on the road. The cheap hustlers I refer to are those who offer this or that great deal to the naive and often confused person in need of a friend. I'm wary of such people because they offer little but manipulations to carry on another day. The street hustler offers to hail a taxi and to recommend a cheap hotel or to set one up with a local prostitute or to take one to a nice cafe and so on. Always helpful and concerned and friendly, these hustlers always hustle a little bit, not much, just a little. And that is what I saw in Obama the first time he came to my attention, a cheap street hustler in a sharp suit, but a street hustler nonetheless. My opinion of him lessens by the day. He's still a cheap hustler, but now he's worse than that. Now he is genuinely evil because he's in a position to be cheap on a larger scale. He's still a low rent, back alley pimp, but now he's a big deal on Main Street. Now he's dangerous.

There's no way I can keep ahead of this story of Obama and his administration seeming to have left our Libyan ambassador and others to die at the hands of jihadis in Benghazi. The story develops by the hour. Here, then, is what is available at this hour in brief:
What we already know about Benghazi is a scandal of the highest order: the ambassador asked for more security after a series of terrorist threats and attacks, but didn’t get it, even on the anniversary of September 11. The administration knew that four Americans had been killed in a successful terrorist attack by an al Qaeda affiliate, but lied about the event for weeks in hopes of minimizing political fallout. Extraordinarily courageous Americans fought a seven-hour gun battle against well-armed and well-organized terrorists who vastly outnumbered them before finally succumbing, during which time the Obama administration did nothing. And when the bodies of the dead Americans were returned to the United States, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton misappropriated the occasion to deliver politically-motivated lies, both to the victims’ survivors and to the American people. All of that we now know for sure. If, in addition, there is credible evidence that American soldiers, fighting desperately for their lives against our country’s most bitter enemies, called for help but were cynically left to perish in order to protect Barack Obama’s petty re-election campaign, Obama will not only lose the election but will be turned out of office in disgust by a clear majority of voters.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/10/will-obamas-benghazi-cover-up-succeed.php

Obama might well have gotten through life quite nicely as a hustler had he stayed off the main stage. If he's remained small, some community organiser in Chicago hustling giggling white girls and their butt-suck boyfriends out of money and maybe a b.j. on the side, then he could have been a shadow of a man and unnoticed and relatively successful in life. But this cheap hustler is our president, and he is plain for all to see, whether they like looking at him as he is or not. I see him for what he is because my life often depends on knowing how to use such creatures for my own ends. If I don't get it, I end up dead. But here I am. Obama is a cheap piece of shit, and anyone who's spent any time on the road can see him for what he is. But travelers aren't the only ones who see him as he is. Sometimes some very clever folks with scams of their own can see him for what he is and can use him, as I use those like him, for their own ends, too.

I don't know Ayers and Dohrn, but we have mutual friends over the years. I know the "type" inside out. I stay alive because I know these people and how they think.

Thank the gods, too, I also know decent people, even if I can make no claim to being one myself. I haven't lived so long at this kind of life by being stupid and misjudging people. Obama is a cheap hustler. He is hardly interesting.

Hilton Kramer, "Who was Josephine Herbst?" The New Criterion. Sept. 1984.

It is in the nature of Stalinism for its adherents to make a certain kind of lying - and not only to others, but first of all to themselves - a fundamental part of their lives. It is always a mistake to assume that Stalinists do not know the truth about the political reality they espouse. If they don't know the truth (or all of it) one day, they know it the next, and it makes absolutely no difference to them politically. For their loyalty is to something other than the truth. And no historical enormity is so great, no personal humiliation or betrayal so extreme, no crime so heinous that it cannot be assimilated into the 'ideals' that govern the true Stalinist mind which is impervious alike to documentary evidence and moral discrimination.

http://www.newcriterion.com/articles.cfm/Who-was-Josephine-Herbst--6735
Thanks to Richard Fernandez, Belmont Club.

I hate Islam, which is clear to any long term reader at this blog. I know Islam better than most Muslims. I certainly know it better than the fools I meet who echo George W. Bush's idiocy that Islam is a religion of peace. I know Islam. I know it is mostly powerless in the world today. I know that Islam and the Muslim lunatics who terrorise the world at large can only do so because of our own master sadists like Ayers and Dohrn manipulating buffoonish street hustlers like Obama who in turn thrills the legs of masochist butt-boys in the white suburbs. I know the snakes well enough to move among them without being killed. I even make a living. These slick manipulators don't impress me and they don't frighten me. They do make me sick; and they make me more than sick when I see them killing decent people.

I've been trying to write this post for a week now, and it changes by the hour because of the low-life scum we have leading our nation today. They keep getting worse by the hour. In the time since I began this post I have been trying to explain to myself, and the world, what kind of man would shoot Liberty Valance. He could not be more different from Obama and the evil bastards who use him. I want to make it clear that the man who would shoot Liberty Valance is the man we need to lead our nation today. We ain't gonna get such a man in office. We need such a man in our own minds. We have to shoot Liberty Valance ourselves. As alway, such a man is rare.

I wrote last week on our up-coming presidential election and pondered the nature of our current president in light of the terrible sacrifice some men make on behalf of the good, knowing they must damn themselves eternally to do right. I ask if our current president has even the slightest inkling of such a problem.

Some hours later I received a note from a young man from Idaho, the first fellow Idahoan I have met on the road in my near 40 years of aimless wandering in the greater world. The lad I met makes me proud, and he gives me hope for the future of our nation. In part, this is what he wrote:

Idahoans have a unique and rugged heritage and we are just about as far away from the rest of the United States as we are from Peru. Most Americans I've met around the U.S. have never met an Idahoan before (and often they don't even know where Idaho is.)

Idaho has a reputation for being a racist and ignorant region, but on the flip-side all of the so-called experts running our country and the countries of the world are, more often than not, complete idiots who would make just as much of a difference in the world if they were just dumb hillbillies from Idaho. In fact they would probably do less harm.

I'm traveling the world and the experiences are life-changing, but above all I know and hold close to my awareness that I truly know nothing.

Now I'm not condoning ignorance or racism and I'm not saying that because you're from Idaho you will walk around with some kinda Socratic humility. No. Idahoans are normal people too with normal problems. I am only emphasizing the point: "I dunno cus I'm from Idaho," and there's nothing wrong with that because that is the key to being young again, to becoming impressionable, and always learning and growing (and in old age dribbling a bit in the pants, of course.)

Sincerely,
A fellow Idaho man
I look above at the mind of a 20ish lad from Idaho, and I see that I would prefer his common decency in the presidency to our current president. I want, and we need, a common man to lead our exceptional nation. Yes, I want John Wayne in the flesh.

Such a man, and they are few, would shoot Liberty Valance. What I mean by that, for those who missed it first time round, is that a man would sacrifice his soul for the sake of doing the right thing. Dying is easy, and Jimmy Stewart was willing to go for it. The tragic and heroic man is the one who would condemn himself to living after he had violated his own principles for the good. That kind of sacrifice is meaningful. In Obama et al we get a cheap hustler looking for a cheap score for the day. To battle the truly evil people in this world we have to have John Waynes willing to take on the evil even if in doing so the good lose their souls. Obama is a cheap piece of shit barely worthy of our contempt. It is the real demons that real men must confront; and victory won't be won cheap. 



A gentle reminder that my book, An Occasional Walker, is available at the link here:

http://www.amazon.com/Occasional-Walker-D-W/dp/0987761501/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331063095&sr=1-1

And here are some reviews and comments on said book:

http://nodhimmitude.blogspot.com/2012/04/dagness-at-noon.html


No comments: