Saturday, October 20, 2012

Iquitos, Peru: Happy, dammit.

Clearly the kid speaks more English than she's been letting on. I was counting out money in bills and coins to pay my rent, and the kid kept grabbing everything she could get her hands on and then tossed it all over the room. I told her, "You better start being cute again or you are going to be looking for a new job!"

She ran off to her mother. The kid saved her job. Good thing for both of us, I think.





So I figured I'd grump at Julio, the chamber maid. But he's cute all the time. I can't get a break.




And it really sucks when they gang up on me. I'll pull through somehow. Such is life in Iquiots, Peru, Oct. 2012.


A gentle reminder that my book, An Occasional Walker, is available at the link here:

http://www.amazon.com/Occasional-Walker-D-W/dp/0987761501/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331063095&sr=1-1

And here are some reviews and comments on said book:

http://nodhimmitude.blogspot.com/2012/04/dagness-at-noon.html

No comments: